Are your feet feeling a little tired, worn out, and maybe looking a bit rough? In need of a little TLC and no time for a pedicure? Then follow my simple steps for sexy sandal-ready feet that you'll want to show off this summer! I'll include an easy homemade foot scrub recipe for you to try and enjoy at home!
1. Soak your feet for 5-10 minutes in a basin of warm water with 1/4 cup of sea salt or Epsom salt, and a few drops of your favourite essential oil.
2. Pat excess water off your feet, then apply your foot scrub, either homemade (*see recipe below) or choose from a large range available in the shops. Two of my favourites are Neal's Yard Pumice Foot Scrub and The Body Shop's Peppermint Cooling Foot Scrub.
Massage the scrub into the feet using circular movements, and concentrating on the areas of rough skin on the heels and balls of the feet. Rinse in the basin.
3. Using a foot file or pumice stone, gently scrub away the excess dead skin from the rough areas.
4. Rinse feet and dry.
5. Apply a little foot cream or some almond oil to the feet, and allow to soak in.
6. Finish by painting your toenails a bright sunny colour such as bright coral, fuschia pink, or turquoise. Or keep it natural and groomed with a simple french polish. Add some bling such as a toe ring or anklet as a finishing touch.
*Homemade foot scrub recipe.In a bowl, mix:
1 cup of sea salt, Epsom salt or brown sugar with 3 tablespoons of almond or coconut oil. For extra hydration add a spoon of aloe vera gel. Mix well into a paste.