Last Tuesday myself and Shauna attended our first press day TOGETHER in The Dylan Hotel (Dublin). Leading Irish Fashion distribution agency Acappella hosted a new season preview of their clothing labels - Snob, Fever, St. Martins, Culture, SuperTrash, Religion, Darling and Jolaby - as well as launching the Irish distribution of cosmetics brand 'Models Own'. It was a perfect combination of makeup and fashion keeping both of us extremely happy.
While sipping a glass of prosecco (orange juice for Shauna, she hates bubbly and wine....strange I know) Brand Manager, Barbara Meade personally guided us through a fabulous selection from their Spring/Summer range. That morning I had received a wedding invite and was very pleased with the idea that I had an excuse for a new dress and oh boy was I in the right place for inspiration. So with me in mind (a little selfish?) here are a few gunas that I'd love for the wedding next month.
Brasilia Dress, €117, Fever
Floral dress, €75, Darling
Mischa Dress, €93, St Martins
I must mention - leaving my dress choices aside - that label Rare pleasantly surprised me with their collection for this season. We all know Rare for their bodycon silhouettes and short, really short lenghts but they have decided to broaden their market offering some amazing soft feminine pieces, check these out (and you're gonna love the prices!)
Floral assymetrial dress, €53, Rare
Flare sleeve dress, €50, Rare
For information and stockists details on Acappella fashion labels and Models Own contact Barbara Meade email@example.com +353 (0) 1 4295007
5 Minute Makeover with Models Own Products
This look is perfect for a night out; it combines fresh dewy skin with smouldering sexy eyes.
To re- create Pippa O’Connors look just follow these few simple steps.
- Start with a clean fresh face and apply a primer before applying you foundation.
- Apply your foundation pick one that has skin brightening properties to create a dewy finish.
- Then apply Models Own Blusher in Warm glow to the apples of the cheeks.
- On the eyes apply Models Own duo eye shadow palette woodland apply the lightest colour all over the eyelids from the lash line to the brow. Brush the powder eye shadow in Pale Violet over the lid, and then use the Purple Princess eyeliner on the outer third of the eyelid from the lash line up to and slightly above the crease blend with the built in smudger.
- Line the top lid with the powder eye shadow in the Neon orange using an angle brush. Use a black kohl pencil to line the inside rim of the lower lid then use the Purple Princess eyeliner along the bottom lash line taking it right up to the root of the lashes and smudge the colour with the built in smudger this will give you the smouldering sexy eyes.
- Apply two coats of the Big Brush Black Mascara to make the eyes pop.
- To finish off the look apply Models Own Coral Lipstick.
Models Own’s have a full range of products in over 150 different colours and they are now available in more than 250 Boots stores across the United Kingdom and Ireland. Go on to their website www.modelsownit.com to check out their fantastic product range and use their store locator to find your nearest stockist.
If you have enjoyed reading this post please leave your reaction or a quick comment below